AsteroidOS is a community-driven project. If you are interested in making wearable devices more open, there are a couple of ways you can help us :
- If you are skilled with development: you can use QtQuick and qml-asteroid to create apps, components or watchfaces.
- If you are skilled with Linux systems: you can port AsteroidOS to new smartwatches. You can also help maintain the OpenEmbedded layers.
- If you are skilled with design: you can brainstorm on the UI and UX of AsteroidOS. Creating mockups for developers is a nice way to help.
- If you know several languages: you can translate Asteroid to new languages.
- If you feel like testing: you can report bugs or give ideas on the bug tracker.
- As long as you are enthusiastic: you can join the community on IRC, Twitter and GitHub or even at various events (QtCon in Berlin, FOSDEM in Brussels, local meetups, workshops…).
- One last way to help is to donate: The money will be used to buy new smartwatches and cover basic costs (servers etc…). Use the “Donate” or “Flattr” buttons bellow to show your support to AsteroidOS.
If you don’t know where to start, make sure you have checked the TODO List and don’t hesitate to ask for help or information on IRC.